The Accu-Cut® SRM™ 300 LT Manual Microtome is the first and only American made manual microtome with a patented multi-colored LED backlit chuck to illuminate paraffin embedded
Enlightening the block
Tissue sectioning on microtomes is now illuminated.
The Accu-Cut® SRM™ 300 LT Manual Microtome is the first and only American made manual microtome with a patented multi-colored LED backlit chuck to illuminate paraffin embedded tissue samples making them much easier to see and safer to section.
The microtome chuck backlight increases contrast between specimens and paraffin so users can see exactly where the tissue is located to prevent cutting through a small biopsy or previously sectioned block.
The SRM 300 LT features a 3D Precision Chuck for accurate alignment of the block face to the blade on all three axes (XYZ), which is crucial for recuts. The sturdy microtome chuck retains its position when locked and unlocked, eliminating any time and effort spent realigning the cutting angle. The 3D Precision Chuck can quickly and accurately be returned to a zero position with the dial indicators.
The compact and ergonomic design helps to minimize cumulative stress on the user and increases both efficiency and productivity. The course hand wheel is optimally sized and positioned for comfortable trimming in either clockwise or counterclockwise rotation and is switchable by the user.
The SRM 300 LT includes many exclusive features that reduce the risk of accidental injuries associated with blade exposure:
- The first and only Brake Lock Indicator that displays that the chuck is locked and will not move while the user interacts with the microtome, providing users with peace-of-mind.
- The Red Blade Guard can be set in the UP position to protect the user from accidental exposure to the blade edge while sectioning.
- A Universal Blade Holder base, featuring lateral displacement, allows operators to use the full length of the microtome blade without releasing the blade clamping mechanism or direct blade manipulation.
- The SRM 300 LT is the first and only microtome to offer a space-saving Tool Organizer giving back precious bench space.
Compatible with Accu-Edge® Disposable Blades, the Accu-Cut SRM 300 LT ensures superior microtome tissue sectioning in the precise art of cutting quality tissue samples section after section, time after time.
|Multi-color LED Backlit Chuck
- Increases contrast between specimens and paraffin to show where the tissue is, to prevent cutting away a small biopsy
- Ability to create many colors by mixing the color intensities of 4 colors (white, red, green, blue) to contrast the specimen against cassette and paraffin
|3D Precision Chuck
- Accurate alignment of the block face to the blade, which is crucial for recuts
- Retains position when locked and unlocked
- Quick and precise fine angle adjustments on all 3 axes (XYZ)
|User selectable Course Advance Wheel
- User selectable in either clockwise or counter clockwise rotation
|Adjustable Trimming Lever
- Advances the chuck 10 or 40 microns with each Hand Wheel rotation
- Smooth-running and conveniently positioned to reduce arm fatigue
|Brake Lock Indicator
- Displays when the chuck is in locked position
|Universal Blade Holder Base
- Accepts both Low and High Profile blades
- Lateral displacement for full utilization of the blade
|Red Blade Guard
- Protects user from accidental exposure to the blade
- Can be rotated to the UP position while sectioning
- Large and comfortably shaped for efficient removal of paraffin waste
- Snaps in and out for quick removal and cleaning
- Convenient collection and disposal with the built-in slot and waste bag attachment
|Accu-Cut® SRM™ 300 LT Manual Microtome, Retracting
Accu-Cut® SRM™ 300 LT Manual Microtome, Non-Retracting
|Sectioning of paraffin-embedded specimens blocks for routine and research histology
|16.5 (W) x 20.7 (D) x 11.8 (H) inches
41.9 (W) x 52.5 (D) x 30.0 (H) cm
|68.0 lbs (30.8 kg)
|1 to 40 microns
1 to 10 microns in 1 micron increments
10 to 20 microns in 2 micron increments
20 to 40 microns in 5 micron increments
|10 or 40 microns
|No retraction or 20 microns (factory set)
|Coarse Advance Hand Wheel
|User switchable: clockwise or counter clockwise
|Specimen orientation using the 3D Precision Chuck
|±8° (XYZ axes)
Dial indicators show the exact angle of the chuck
|LED backlit chuck
|4 color LED backlight (white, red, green and blue) with user-adjustable intensity for each color, on-off option
|Rated voltage and current for LED light
|External AC/DC power supply: 100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 0.5 A
Instrument: 12 VDC 0.3 A
|0 to 10°
|Blade Holder Base: north/south (vertical direction) east/west (horizontal direction)
|User interface display
|Key pad to control the LED backlight
Brake light indicator
|UL61010-1:2012 Ed. 3, UL61010-2-101:2015 Ed. 2, CSA C22.2 61010-1:2012 Ed. 3,CSA C22.2 61010-2-101:2015 Ed. 2, IEC61010-1:2012 Ed. 3, IEC61010-2-101:2015 Ed. 2, IEC 61326-1, IEC61326-2-6
|IVD, FDA Class I
Thick and thin sections/How do I correct thick and thin sections?
Thick and thin: Part of the section is thick, and part of the section is thin, reflecting inconsistent staining.
Knife marks/What causes knife marks in sections?
Knife marks: Vertical lines running through the entire section.
Chatter, aka Venetian blinds/What causes microtome chatter?
Chatter, aka Venetian blinds: parallel lines in the tissue or separation of tissue into fine lines
Moth holes/Why are there holes in tissue sections?
Moth holes: parallel lines in the tissue or separation of tissue into fine lines
Micro chatter/What causes microscopic cracks in tissue sections?
Micro chatter: fine microscopic cracks in the tissue
Disruption/Why are my tissue sections damaged?
Disruption: microscopic damage to the tissue within the section
Compression/Why are my tissue sections distorted?
Compression: distorted or folded appearance
Overexpansion/What causes tissue sections to ‘blow up’?
Overexpansion: cells distorted from too much water