The Tissue-Tek® Paraform® Tissue Orientation Gels, when used in conjunction with the Tissue-Tek® Paraform® Sectionable Cassette System, are capable of locking in and pre
Challenging tissue orientation made safe and easy
The Tissue-Tek® Paraform® Tissue Orientation Gels are innovative hydrogels that, when used in conjunction with Tissue-Tek® Paraform® Cassettes, are capable of locking in and preserving the orientation of very tiny or difficult to orient tissues from grossing through to imaging, helping to further extend the range of tissues suitable for automated embedding.
The Tissue-Tek® Paraform® Tissue Orientation Gels, when used in conjunction with the Tissue-Tek® Paraform® Sectionable Cassette System, are capable of locking in and preserving the orientation of very tiny or difficult to orient tissues from grossing through to imaging. The innovative hydrogel matrix helps preserve the integrity of important tissue samples throughout the process and prevents the need for later manipulation of the tissue for orientation that is typically required during manual tissue embedding, which eliminates the risk of incorrect orientation or tissue loss.
These histology gels further extend the range of tissues that can be embedded by the Tissue-Tek AutoTEC® a120 Automated Embedding System. With a throughput of up to 120 consistent, high-quality Paraform Cassettes per hour, The Tissue-Tek AutoTEC® a120 automates and standardizes the tissue embedding process resulting in a faster and more predictable turnaround time.
Convenience & Flexibility
The ready-to-use Tissue-Tek® Paraform® Tissue Orientation Gels do not require time-consuming preparation like having to wait to melt or solidify. The 5 available configurations and the semi-solid matrix of the Orientation Gels offer full customization and flexibility of orientation at grossing to accommodate a wide variety of tissue types and sizes to further increase the convenience of orienting difficult tissues.
|Flexible hydrogel material
- Allows for complete and secure customization of orientation of tissues at grossing
|Penetrable, aqueous gel matrix
- Allows reagents to penetrate and infiltrate tissues for flexible processing using either conventional or rapid tissue processors
|Allows for paraffin infiltration
- Paraffin infiltration and embedding is accomplished without removing the gel
- The paraffin-infiltrated gel is easily sectioned using Sakura or other manufacturer’s blades
|Resists most staining
- Resistant to common histologic stains like H&E, Iron, Trichrome, and silver stains for unimpeded microscopic examination
|Compatible with IHC and ISH
- Tissues can be stained with advanced stains without issue
|5 different featured gels
- Supports a variety of tissue samples including skin shaves and other small biopsies
|Ready-to-use, semi-solid hydrogel
|20 mm x 13 mm
|10 packs of 50 gels (500 total gels/case)
|Product codes and names
|7045 Tissue-Tek® Paraform® Biopsy Gel
7046 Tissue-Tek® Paraform® 2-Lane Gel
7047 Tissue-Tek® Paraform® 1-mm Punch Gel
7048 Tissue-Tek® Paraform® 2-mm Punch Gel
7049 Tissue-Tek® Paraform® 3-mm Punch Gel